Last fall while Elton was traveling to NY a lot, I decided to piece him a quilt out of all his old work shirts. I gave it to him for Christmas. I think he likes it - he keeps it in his office and takes naps on it during his breaks.
I used sleeves, cuffs, the front/center where the buttons are and patched up holes with other shirts. It was a lot of fun to make. Maybe I'll do another one sometime.

15 comments:
What a great idea! I saw this idea recently somewhere - I think it was a baby quilt out of daddy's old shirts. Love the idea. I will have to do it too (although I have given so many old shirts- I planned to make into quilts to D.I. ...because I never got to them and was tired of moving them from house to house and storing them;)) BUT... I can start fresh- with all the boys around here- this would be really fun to do :) Yours looks so cute! I love the colors!
Love the quilt! I am saving some of my husbands old work jeans to make a quilt with someday. I am over my respiratory illness. It took a couple of weeks to kick the cough, but it's gone! 1st grade is a great place to get germs:)
It turned out looking so good! You made that amazingly fast! I love it and I am glad that Elton has something cozy to nap with in the office:)
That looks so good! You are very crafty. Your little guys look too cute. I wish we could get Krew and Sam together to play. Maybe someday?
can i pay you? seriously, i would make you something scrapbook in trade, but you are too good at that too and can do it yourself! you are so talented! and i love the new blog look!
You are so talented! I really need to at least learn how to use a sewing machine!!!
And the blessing picture - adorable. Your little family is just so cute :)
This is such a great idea!
What a great idea!! And the colors would be perfect to go in my new guest room/office!!
Love the work shirt quilt. Great idea and use of fabric :-)
Great quilt for a man! Love the colours of the shirts!
Super fun! Thanks for sharing :)
I knew I was going to see some quilts in this festival that I would just LOVE, and this is one. The colors and shapes are wonderful. I started a shirt quilt from dh's deceased grandfather's shirts last year but haven't worked on it for quite a while.
Great idea for a 'green' (recycled) quilt. Loved the pig cake celebrating your dear daughter.
Come visit my favorites
#210 Sandra Starley
#215 Utah Quilt Appraiser
This is a great way to make a quilt instantly meaningful. The quilt is so very strong looking even though much of it is a subtle blue. Great job.
simple mais avec un air masculin très attachant ,pendant que je visite votre site :un bien joli bébé
amicalement
Post a Comment